The unprecedented global situation concerning COVID-19 has led to an unprecedented new set of restrictions concerning public worship in the United Kingdom. During the cessation of public Masses, the Bishops of England and Wales have asked that churches will be open for private prayer.
St Mary Magdalen's Catholic Church will therefore be open for private prayer on Sundays from 8am until midday.
During the week the church will be open for private prayer from Tuesday to Saturday from 9.30am until 11am.
Confessions will be heard and the Sacrament of the sick given by prior arrangement in the Sacristy.
Anyone using the Church must follow Government hygiene recommendations.
We ask parishioners and all Catholics, and all of goodwill, to pray for the full restoration of public worship to the Catholic Churches in this land, so that all the baptised may be present at the public offering of the perfect Sacrifice of the Son to the Eternal Father, for the Salvation of the world.
Come and pray in our church, pray for the sick, the dying, the poor, friends, families, relatives, all at risk, our political leaders, for the Pope, for our bishops, our priests, our health workers and all those who attend to the health of the public both in body in hospitals and in soul in the church.
Unite the sufferings you experience in this time of crisis to the Cross of Our Lord Jesus Christ and find consolation in His Passion, Death and Resurrection. Pray the Rosary and stay close to the Blessed Mother of God.
Ways to Donate
Many have asked how they can donate to our church at a time when offertories will be down and less income will be found for the day to day maintenance of our church.
- Cheques can be made out to 'St Mary Magdalen Church' and sent to St Mary Magdalen Church, 55 Upper North Street, Brighton BN1 3FH.
- If you wish to set up a Standing Order, email us at the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and make a request to do so.
- Weekly envelopes for donations and offertories, including gift aid envelopes, can be put through the front door of the Presbytery.
- Inside the Church we have a machine for donating to the Church contactlessly between different amounts up to £30.
- If you wish to make a BACS donation online from your account, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- We will try to set up a Dona webpage for our website so that electronic payments can be made.
- Many will be also very concerned about ways in which to support our church's mission to feed the poor and homeless of the city, should you wish to donate to our poor fund, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastoral Advice and Support
For those parishioners troubled by the distress caused by our country's situation and the impact it is having on our daily life and ability to worship God in liberty, Fr Ray Blake is available on the telephone or alternatively email the office at email@example.com, this will be forwarded to Fr Ray's email.